I of the Storm
I of the Storm
Pura Velvet, 100% cotton fibre, 310gsm, acid and lignin free
34 × 1 × 18 in
Catherine Carnahan at Martin Studios
CollectionArtists' Books, Black Histories / Black Futures, Collection Development, Limited Edition Artists Books
3 in stock
There are three copies of this book now available.
The book is an alternative accordion fold structure with multiple fold-down pages that form both an evocative and intimate page-turning experience or an exuberant, immersive gallery photo/sculpture installation. The book serves as a provocative vehicle for Weber’s photographs of the Occupy Wall Street encampment and the Eric Garner protest marches in New York City, a protest march of the Tibetan community in Brisbane Australia, the Woman’s March in Olympia Washington (in 2016 after Donald tRump was appointed President-elect), as well as some other personal protests. The text is all found on the numerous signs of the protesters and in the ubiquitous signage of Manhattan. The piece is intended to seed the concept of intersectionality into the consciousness of the viewer.
Dimensions, 18 x 34 inches
Elegantly printed by Catherine Carnahan at Martin Studio in Murphys, CA, on an Epsom 9880 using 8-color, K3 UltraChrome ink and technology.
- Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Munich, Germany
- Baylor University, Waco, TX
- Chapman University, Irvine, CA
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Herzog August Bibiothek, Wolfenbüttel, Germany
- Skidmore College,Saratoga Springs, NY
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- University of Delaware Library, Newark
- The University of California at Irvine (Oversized AP#1)
- Wesleyan University, Olin Library, Middletown, CT